Tuesday, October 19, 2010

administrative software reflection

This information was quite useful. Many of the terms were explained so that I now know the difference between administrative and academic software and have also learned about the various programs that are currently being used. The assortment of admin software has been used by a lot of teachers, including those for attendance, assessment, record keeping, and presentations. I have found the word processing program to be a life saver on many occasions. I have also introduced some of my students to the word processor and they love finding 'their letters' for their names and for their friends. Evaluating and using software does take some time but it is better to do it than to waste $ and time for something that is inappropriate of just a waste of time.

1 comment:

  1. I agree, it is easy to spend money on a program and then find it doesn't meet your needs. I always try to find a free demo first to see if it is what I am looking for.

    ReplyDelete